Want to find the most up to date resources to support Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Program Sustainability?
Browse the resources below to learn more or contact us for assistance.
For updates follow our SANE Sustainability Blog.
The mobile app offers key information about how to grow and sustain healthy SANE Programs. You can also download tools from the app below.
- Building Sustainable Programs from the Ground Up
- Sustainability Fundamentals
- Seminal Literature
- Sustainability 101: Long Range Thinking for SANE Program Managers
- NSVRC SANE Sustainability Project Evaluation Report
- SANE Sustainability Glossary of Terms
Key elements for SANE program leadership include: managers that model behaviors expected from the team, opportunities for professional growth, clear performance measures and feedback to support staff development. Explore tools that will help grow a strong team.
- Managing People
- Cultivating Leadership
- Cultivating Leadership Overview
- Succession Planning Worksheet
- Guide on Fostering Collaboration between SANE Program Coordinators and Medical Directors
Watch a podcast on how to cultivate leadership within SANE Programs.
- Recruitment & Retention
Healthy collaboration is a necessity for sustainability. Get ideas to help support your collaborative relationships below.
- Collaboration (Intra & Interdisciplinary)
- Sexual Assault Response Team Development Guide
- Fostering Collaborations with Medical Directors Guide
Every program needs to identify measures of success. Because SANE programs are health care programs they should predominantly focus on health care measures. The following tools help answer your basic questions about program evaluation.
- Assessment and Evaluation Overview
- Quality Assurance and Improvement
- Policies and Procedures Overview
- Performance Management Resources
- Policy Checklist
Creating a business plan is necessary for starting a SANE service, and is a critical tool for sustaining an existing service. We have gathered the most important tools to help you develop or expand your plan.
- Business Planning Resources
- Budgeting Overview
- Sustainability 101: Creating a Business Plan for SANE Program Managers
- Fundraising and Grantwriting
- Sexual Assault Billing and Coding
- Billing Process Overview
- Cost Revenue Workbook
- Taking Stock of your Funding Worksheet
- Sexual Assault Medical Forensic Exams and VAWA 2005: Payments, Practices and Directions for the Future
Browse NSVRC collection of open funding announcements.
Download the mobile app for interactive planning tools.
This project was supported by Grant No. 2011-TA-AX-K077 awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice (OVW DOJ). The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this course are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the OVW DOJ.